Cell culture Scientist
Cell culture Scientist
1. Execute and evaluate laboratory-scale cell culture experiments in order to develop robust processes suitable for GMP clinical and commercial manufacturing.
2. Process development scope includes clone screening in bioreactors, media and feed development, defining optimal ranges for bioreactor operation and control parameters.
3. Perform lab operation with minimal supervision including but not limited to preparation of cell culture media and reagents, sterile handling of shake flask and bioreactor culture, bioreactor assembly, and operation, and trouble-shooting of processes, instrumentation, and analytical equipment.
4. Evaluate, and implement new technologies to optimize efficient development of cell culture processes.
5. Support process transfer into manufacturing and provide technical support.
6. Write and revise protocols, procedures, reports and other process related documentation as necessary to support GMP manufacturing operations.
7. Provide project updates in written and oral presentations.
8. Take process from development stage into GMP
Job Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience)
• BS or MS in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or related discipline with 2-5 years of experience focused on mammalian cell culture process development for the production of therapeutic proteins
• Significant hands-on expertise with laboratory procedures and operations including set up and operating shake flasks, lab scale bioreactors and pilot scale bioreactors and associated analytical equipment used for mammalian cell culture processes
• Familiarity with working with various bioreactor control system and disposable bioreactors is highly desirable
• Experience with scale up of media filtration and bioreactor harvest operations is highly desirable
• Understanding of the application of GMP in the development and production process.
• The ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Must be well organized, have a strong work ethic, and be diligent in data documentation
• Capable of reading and writing in both Chinese and English
•Hard working attitude, a balanced and meticulous approach to work and the ability to work
well under pressure.