SHE (Safety Health Environment) Manager - Wuhan
Ensure that the organization’s safety, health and environmental (SHE) management system, process and procedures meet the applicable governmental rules and regulations, and Corporate SHE policies and standards.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining SHE management system and implementing SHE programs that provide a safe and healthy working environment at JHL Biotech.
· Developing and maintaining a culture of safe working practices through personal leadership and establishing standard procedures for safety management.
· Site workplace safety including chemical and biological hazards
o Permits for purchase/importation and holding as needed
o Safe Handling procedures
o Compliance with local workplace safety legislation
· Environmental permits and compliance
o Permits for discharge or disposal (waste water, air, solid waste, noise)
· Establish documented procedures that meet local safety and environmental requirements
o Job safety assessment
o Work permit procedures
o Guidelines for hazardous work (Hot work, electrical, confined spaces, height, etc)
· Safety committee for engagement of all departments
o Collate safety performance metrics
o Report safety and environmental performance and/or incidents to Authorities as required by Law.
· Manage medical supplies and personal protective equipment
· Champion healthy workplace
o Non smoking
o Staff education for healthy living
o Exercise program (outside company) etc.
· Provide input into SHE budget
· Review and approve facility and equipment designs for potential safety hazards.
Job Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience)
· Strong communication skills in English and Chinese to engage with personnel across the Company and consultant service providers including understanding of documentation in English.
- Bachelor Degree and above, preferably with a major in SHE Management, Environmental management, Engineering, or Chemistry related subjects
- Around 8 years of experience in SHE Management including 2 years of experience as site SHE representative.
- Knowledge of chemical safety and biological safety is preferable.
- Experience of ISO14000 and OHSA 18001 is preferable.