Warehouse Specialist (Wuhan)
Responsible for warehouse operations such as Shipping & Receiving, manage physical & transactional material movements (FIFO), and drive manufacturing order closing. Also help prepare kitting and staging for QC lab testing.
In this role, you will perform a variety of warehousing duties, which vary from labor assistance to thorough knowledge of the facility's material storage plan, to shipment and receipt of incoming/outgoing goods to proper locations through various transportation means following standard procedures.
- Check products to ensure proper amounts, identification and correctness of material and/or verify received goods against purchase orders or receiving slips as to identification, type, Raw Material numbers, dimension, size, weight and general storage condition
- Store/Segregate chemicals including compressed gases, flammables, and corrosives, with emphasis on overall facility safety
- Ensure timely and correct issuance of parts to internal departments for processing to fulfill production schedules
- Perform warehouse related assignments (ie incoming receipts, outgoing issuing, shipments etc.)
- Conduct weekly, monthly and yearly inventory cycle counts; Ensure inventory accuracy, continuously optimizing process to improve operation efficiency
- Monitor and maintain quarantine/reject areas and preservation of parts and materials in warehouse
- Daily monitoring of controlled temperature environments
- Respond to out-of-hours alarm on temperature
- Inspect goods to be shipped and/or received for damage
- Maintain and upkeep warehouse facility and related equipment
- Ad-hoc warehouse duties as instructed by the Warehouse Supervisor.
Job Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience)
- Diploma or Degree in Logistics Management or equivalent
- At least 3 years of warehouse experience in warehousing and logistics industry, but pharmaceutical manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge of any Warehouse Management System (WMS) or any ERP software will be an added advantage (SAP, Oracle and AS400)
- Experience in operating high stacker & pallet jack
- Possess initiatives, self-motivated & self-driven
- Able to multi-task & willing to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Health & Safety, Environmental, Regulatory and Quality knowledge and involvement
- Supply Chain related knowledge in logistics, MRP, Inventory management
- Exhibit strong leadership, execution ability and interpersonal skill
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese to engage with personnel across the Company and service providers and freight companies.
- Exhibit good housekeeping and safety practices
- Ability and willingness to lift, bend, twist, carry and climb with objects weighing up to 50 lbs. as required